As every year, this first Saturday of May is World Naked Gardening Day 2019. It’s a time to be nude in a natural setting, whether that’s your backyard flower bed or hiking through a dense jungle. The day is meant to promote the naturalist aspect of naturists. This is to say that WNGD encourages us to connect with nature. At any level. And what better way to do that then by being completely natural: naked.
How to celebrate
There are countless ways to honor the event. Here are just a few suggestions
- The obvious is to go out into your own garden or yard and do what you normally do there, expect naked. This could be weeding, planting, mowing, or whatever.
- If you don’t have your own outdoor space in which to be naked, visit a friend. It’s a great excuse to get together with a naturist friend or relative at their place and help them with some gardening tasks. After all, social nudity is always in order.
- Drop by a nudist or clothing-optional outdoor space such as a beach or campground. And if you really want to get into the gardening aspect more than just being nude outdoors, these places present options too. Offer to help with landscaping at the campsite. I’m a few more volunteering hands would be greatly appreciated at most nudist sites.
- Organize or participate in a nude cleaning day. Get some friends together and go to a nudist beach and collect plastic or other rubbish from the sand and shoreline. Or if all else fails, do it on your own.
- Hike or trek a wilderness or nature area where you can be nude. As with the previous example, why not pick up some trash as you do so. After all, what better way to connect with a natural space than to help preserve and protect it.
How are you spending World Naked Gardening Day 2019?
Please leave a comment below or send me a message to let me know which of these ways you chose to celebrate. Or share any other ideas you have/had about how to honor this special day. Also feel free to post a picture of yourself out enjoying the nature and some fresh air.